About The Black Shed
The Blackshed was built back in 1910 by the Birmingham navigation company for a local flour mill to store grain coming in from Sharpness docks. The mill paid £250 to have it built and paid £12 a year ground rent after it's completion.
In November 1915 the war office requisitioned The Blackshed, it's land and the surrounding area. The Blackshed and the adjoining wharf were reinforced in order to store equipment.
The Shed was used by the government until 1917 when it was handed back to the flour mill owners and used for its original purpose for many years until it was no longer needed.